Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 26th - Pender Harbor


Pender Harbor is a great stop on our way north. After our experience with "The Rock" in Nanaimo we were happy to sail across Georgia Strait with a 15 knot wind on our beam. We anchored near Garden Bay Marina in Pender.

We went exploring in "Wings" to the public dock. It was a beautiful day!


Louie loves the warmth of the sun.

This wood carving displays the local food chain.

The brilliant colors of the Rhododendrons dazzled our eyes.

YES! that is a Palm Tree. Lou thought we were in the tropics. They don't call this the "Sunshine Coast" for nothing!

We purchased these "White Spot Prawns" live off the boat. I beheaded them and used the heads for crab bait.

Lou and I had a crabbing contest. I dared to challenge the infamous "Crab Louie". We were using chicken legs for bait. I added a can of Anchovies pouring the oil over the chicken in my trap. Louie just had plain chicken in his trap. I caught 2 crabs. Louie caught ZERO! The next challenge was Louie put chicken legs and Anchovies in his trap and I put prawn heads in mine.
We both caught 2 big ones each!
There is a face of a Happy Man!
I am happy also!!!

No comments: